Saturday, January 10, 2009

Art School

Click the pic to get a large view of all these pieces
I am giving a brief history of where my work has evolved from, so to arrange my blog in a chronological order, I am starting from where my formal training began.
I went to art school while still living in Calgary at the Alberta College of Art and Design for 3 years before moving and receiving my diploma in professional photography at PrairieView School of Photography in Winnipeg, Canada. I would just like to share some of my fine art from this period in my life before I begin posting my recent work which consists solely of photography. After spending the first year of art school completing the obligatory drawing courses, I realized that the fibre department was where I belonged. Fibre arts incorporate materials that consist of natural fibrous materials. I made felt out of wool, paper out of pulp and silk sceened images from emulsified photos onto clothing that I had sewn myself. It was right up my alley.
I do not think, rather, I know I can not draw. It was hugely challenging for me to complete said drawing and painting courses, but I persevered and what I am display
ing here is some of the work that came out of those first years of art school.

No comments:

Post a Comment